Seaquins Ballroom knows that one of the most important decisions you can make about your wedding and reception is where to have it! Finding the perfect
location is the key to creating the exact ambiance you want for your special day! Whether you are looking for a laid back and casual, wildly exotic,
or even dream destination wedding, once you have chosen the right location, the rest of the wedding arrangements seem to just fall into place!
Finding the right wedding venue to fit your taste and budget is key.
Here are a Few Essential Tips to Keep in Mind While Exploring Your Event Location Options:
1. When will the wedding/event be held? If you have a specific month or date in mind, this may be the main determining factor in your location selection
2. What is the cost of the location and what perks are included in that price?
3. When is the deposit required and when is the final balance due?
4. Is the cost of the venue based on room rental, price per head, minimum spend or are there set packages?
5. How many people does this venue accommodate?
6. Are there any dates that offer a discount, such as weekdays or less popular times of the year?
7. How long is the venue rental? Is there a maximum or minimum amount of rental hours required?
8. Are you allowed to video tape and/or take photos of the venue for later reference for planning?
9. Will there be easy to read signs directing my guests to the event?
10. Is there complimentary parking onsite? Is valet parking available? What are the parking costs? Is a shuttle service available? Are taxis readily available?
11. What is the cancellation policy?
12. Do you offer security services?
13. Does the venue provide liability insurance coverage for your event in case someone gets hurt during the reception?
14. Is the venue handicap accessible for those guests who may need it?
15. Am I able to hire my own vendors or do I have to use a caterer, coordinator, DJ, band etc. from your preferred vendor list?
16. Is on-site coordination an option for certain services? What is included and what is the cost for them? Does this include wedding day supervision by a coordinator?
17. What assistance is offered with decorating and set up?
18. Is the venue available for the ceremony as well as the reception? Is there any additional cost? Are there dressing rooms for the bride? Is the venue available for the wedding rehearsal the night before?
19. Is a coat check provided for winter weddings or is there an area available for coats?
20. Is the catering in-house, is there an approved caterers list, or can I choose my own? Are there kitchen facilities available?
21. Is there a back-up plan for outdoor weddings in case of bad weather?
22. What are the decorating restrictions, if any? Are there any particular restrictions such as the use of confetti or candles?
23. Are tables, chairs, linens, and all tableware included or will I need to provide them?
24. How many restrooms does the venue have?
25. Can the venue properly accommodate a live band or DJ? Is there a “quiet time” by which the music must end?
26. Can I bring my own wine, beer or champagne, and is there a corkage fee if I do? Can I bring in other alcohol?
27. Is the venue licensed to provide/serve alcohol including beer, wine, and spirits? What is the cost? Is the charge by the bottle, per person, or consumption? Are there additional fees for bartenders and drink staff?
28. Must the wedding cake be ordered and/or made on site or can I bring in a cake from a selected vendor? Is there a cake cutting fee? Do you provide any special knives or utensils?
29. What is the cost per person for food and beverage? Is there a service charge?
30. In order to select the food/menu, are we able to have a tasting of the items offered? What is the charge?
31. Does the venue provide overnight accommodations? Is there a discount for booking multiple rooms? Is a complimentary room or upgrade provided for the newlyweds?
32. If accommodations are not available, do you offer discounts with area hotels for event guests and wedding party?
33. When will I have access to the venue to allow suppliers to set up on the day of the wedding?
And last, but certainly not least….in fact probably the single most important tip you will receive about finding your ideal venue…make sure
you get everything in writing! Nothing is confirmed, booked and guaranteed until you have a completed and signed contract. Never take someone’s word
(as nice as they many seem) and always get prices, dates, and even tiny details in writing to ensure the perfect event!